This Action aims to facilitate, more effective widespread application of mathematics to all industrial sectors, by encouraging interaction between mathematicians and industrialists, in particular through:
1. Industry-driven problem solving workshops, and
2. Academia-driven training and secondment
This network has three objectives:
· Development of knowledge needing international coordination: new or improved theory/model/scenario/project/simulation/narrati ve/methodology/technology/technique: Through the coordination and support of Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs), European Study Groups with Industry (ESGI), Industrial Workshops, and Modelling Weeks, this Action aims to promote collaboration in, and the benefits of, industrial mathematics.
· Dissemination of research results to stakeholders (excluding specific input in view of knowledge application): Meeting and technical reports, case studies, Information/results and lessons learnt from all activities will be shared so that the wider industrial mathematics community can benefit from this Action. This in turn will increase the profile of Mathematics in Industry.
· Involving specific target groups (e.g. Newly established research groups, Early-Stage Researchers, the under-represented gender, teams for countries/regions with less capacity in the field of the Action). Events in Inclusive Target Countries and applications from Early Career Investigators will be prioritised.