The guidance provided in this document does not replace or affect any of the administrative requirements and contractual obligations contained in the COST Vademecum and the MI-NET COST Action Grant Agreement.
Study Groups are internationally recognized as problem-solving forums for knowledge transfer. Traditionally, industrialists bring a problem to one of these week-long brainstorming workshops that are attended by a group of mathematicians with varied expertise. It is anticipated that by the end of the week a first step towards a solution for the problem has been identified so that a strategy for further work can be devised.
Study Groups attract companies from different sectors and sizes and provide a convenient and low-risk method for SMEs to access academic expertise.
Maximum funding is 10000 EUR per meeting held in a country that has not hosted an ESGI before. For all other cases it will be 5000 EUR.
All study groups will have to take place either during between 1st May 2018 and 30th April 2019 (Grant Period 3) or 1st May 2019 and 30th April 2020 (Grant Period 4). No activities can span across two grant periods.
MI-NET will provide financial support which includes:
- LOS, local organiser support to cover organisational expenses linked to hosting a Training School can be claimed under the Local Organiser Support mechanism
- Travel, Accommodation and Meal allowance for participants
Please read sections 4 and 6 of the COST Vademecum for further information on eligible, non-eligible and reimbursement details.
Contributions from other sources to the organisation of the ESGI shall also appear on the request (e.g. registration fees, sponsorship, contribution of Local Organiser or others).
Once the request has been approved, the Grant Holder will inform the Local Organiser as to the level of approved financing.
All applications must be made by a representative of the candidate host’s Educational Center as per the steps described below:
- All applicants must complete an ESGIsApplication Form and submit it to the e-mail stated on the form.
- The application will then be assessed by members of the MI-NET Management Committee.
- The applicant will be formally notified of the outcome of their application. Only one application per applicant/country will be considered.
Requirements and Obligations
All candidate organizers, the Local Organizers (LO), must:
- Set up a web page with registration details, accommodation and travel information.
- Make available, through a dedicated website and within 5 months of holding the ESGI:
- Description of the problems discussed
- List of participants
- Media output
- Technical reports/proceedings
- Responses from companies such as reports, letters or questionnaires.
- Provide a signed attendance list to the Grant Holder so that payment can be processed. Please note that the COST Association can request additional information to substantiate the information contained within the documents submitted by Local Organizers.
- Complete an application form in English.
Funding calls are now open. We will consider applications 3 times a year. Deadlines for submission are 30th April, 30th August and 29th December 2017. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org